Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Gettin' Greener

So, this is week 6 of being on bed-rest during my second pregnancy. It's given me lots of time to reevaluate my family's lifestyle, mainly when it comes to environmental decisions... both what we're being exposed to and what kind of mess we're leaving in our tracks. I've been a pseudo-environmentalist for some time, dipping my feet in the water, but never fully taking the plunge. When I had my first daughter two years ago I committed to nursing, feeding her an organic diet, cutting out harsh cleaning products in our home. We recycle, I buy second-hand whenever possible and we're slowly moving toward a greener existence. But it's a constant back-and-forth. I commit to being green and then get lax. I buy a week's worth of organic groceries and then give into my husband's desire to order out when I tell him he's in charge of dinner (I know... so wasteful). All too often, it's one step forward, two steps back. I need to commit for good. So here I am, announcing to the world (via this blog) that I am taking the plunge. Here, I will chronicle my green journey by sharing the steps we've already taken, the plans I'm making while confined to bed, and eventually how those plans work out when I get home with a newborn, a toddler, and a, um... environmentally indifferent husband (I'll go into more detail about that later).

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck with the Blog...always write, and keep it up, a following will come for true originals ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following you lady! So glad you are doing this. Sending lots of love. Follow me back if wish.
    xo, Holly

    ReplyDelete